Upon completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain what nitric oxide is and why healthcare professionals are so interested in this topic.
- Identify the physical and biological properties of nitric oxide.
- Summarize research findings regarding use of nitric oxide therapy in animals and humans.
- Identify and discuss the three major areas of concern regarding the toxicity of nitric oxide.
- Identify and explain the effects of nitric oxide therapy.
- List and explain the clinical indications for inhaled nitric oxide therapy.
- Identify monitoring systems and procedures associated with nitric oxide therapy.