Take this Course
BY THE END OF READING THIS LESSON, THE PRACTITIONER WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Compare and contrast the difference between primary acidosis and primary alkalotic states.
- Describe three metabolic problems. Do they result in alkalosis or acidosis? Why?
- Describe three respiratory problems. Do they result in acidosis or alkalosis? Why?
- Describe the process utilized to interpret acid-base disorders.
- Differentiate between oxygen transport and carbon dioxide production and elimination.
- Assess oxygenation at the tissue levels.