Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain what the Gold Report is, and discuss its importance to health care professionals treating COPD.
- Identify the “working” definition of COPD as provided by the Gold Report.
- Explain the prevalence COPD and the impact it is having on worldwide health.
- Discuss the etiology and epidemiology of COPD, and explain how it is diagnosed.
- Describe the latest international standards presented by the Gold Report regarding prevention, management, and treatment protocols for COPD.
- Identify and discuss the usefulness and side effects of medications currently in use for COPD patients.