Take this Course
Upon successful completion of this lesson, you will be able to:
- Identify the problems and background associated with providing patient care in the home environment.
- Identify the “caregivers” involved and discuss their various qualifications.
- Identify and discuss the role of regulators associated with healthcare delivered in the home setting.
- Identify and discuss the “problems” that can arise when providing care in the home (including reimbursement, injuries, substandard care, deaths, law suits, etc).
- Identify the key issues focused on by the FDA regarding the use of equipment in the home care setting.
- List and discuss the recommendations made by the California Board of Respiratory Care and the FDA regarding providing equipment and care in the home setting.
- List and discuss the key issues addressed by the American Thoracic Society’s official statement on the provision of Respiratory Home Care today.
- Explain the role that home care providers may play in patient’s end-of-life decisions.